Family photos, friends and fudge

117 people came to our annual family gathering Saturday at the home of the ever-welcoming cousin Mike Triplett, who encourages the invasion every year. Emily and I were only able to stay a couple of hours due to work schedules, but boy ... those were a tasty couple of hours. Thanks to cousin Vickie Martin for letting me use a few of her photos for a post.

That's my dad, Delbert Hunter, along with his sisters Ruby and Dorothy. There were nine siblings in all, which helps explain the large number of descendants.


I had to add this photo of my brother, because it's like pulling beard hairs to get one where he's not making a Jerry Lewis face. Jeff's still working full time despite going through chemo--that's one tough guy. (Latest test results were very encouraging!) His long-suffering wife is on the right ... well, any married Hunter man has a long-suffering wife.



Speaking of long-suffering wives, there's mine. She's asking Dad if I've always been this way. He's answering, "Yes".

There was chicken. But right over at the next table there was fudge. Faced with a difficult decision, I chose to overeat. By the way, my wife bought me that shirt.

There are about a million more pictures over at Mike's Facebook page, and Vickie's, and about a dozen others, which is why I didn't bother to take any myself. Emily only had one day off out of six in a row, so I decided to be lazy on her behalf.

We should all see each other way more than once a year, of course.

5 comments:

  1. Love family reunions, but that doesn't happen in my family anymore. We're scattered too far. I also like Emily's taste in clothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our family generally stretches from northern Indiana, through Ohio, into southeast Kentucky. Just an eight hour drive on the Daniel Boone Parkway!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had fun, as short a time as you had. My extended family has one, but I haven't been in awhile. Just a case of not wanting to deal with my not at all missed sister ever again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a stepsister I'd rather not ever see again, but in order to see the rest of my family I just put up with her ... but it's not so hard. She knows I work for a police agency and I know she's a criminal, so we just don't talk to each other.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete