Nope. Still don't wanna build a snowman.



I posted this back in February of last year, and for some reason I started thinking of it again this weekend. Really, it works best if you have the music playing in the background while you’re reading it.
­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­____________________________________________________
Maybe you’ve seen “Frozen”. Maybe you’ve been frozen. Either way, I think you can relate to how I changed the song’s words, to reflect my feelings about winter. If you’re not familiar with the song, just ask any kid. If they don’t have the soundtrack or a karaoke version, they can probably still hum the tune from memory.

"I Don’t Want To Build a Snowman"
 (sung to the tune of Do You Want to Build a Snowman)

I don’t wanna build a snowman. 
Come on, are you crazy?
I’m not going near that frozen door
Call me a bore
I’m not going to freeze today.           

I’m used to being warm
and when I’m not
I wish that I could die!

I don’t wanna get the frostbite.
I don’t want to see fingers white.

Go away, Winter.
Okay? Bye...


I don’t wanna build a snowman.
Or get hit with wet snowballs.
I think the outside may be for you,
I don’t like turning blue
and suffering from falls.

(Just hangin’ at home.)

I’ll stoke a fire or two
Staying in my room,
and at least then I won’t die.
(Brrrrrrr)

Please don’t make me go out there,
People are asking when it will end.
They say their skin has turned to ice,
Out there it’s not so nice:
Just go back in.

We’re not such a fan
Of this icy land,
But what are you gonna do?  

I don’t wanna build a snowman. [sniff]
____________________________

So ... should I post my next great song, "Stop the Snow"?

But ... I'm so cool!


12 comments:

  1. :)
    I don't want to build a snowman either, would much rather build a sandcastle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't seen Frozen, and what with not having children of a certain age, I feel safe in assuming it'll never happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used my grandkids as an excuse--I really loved it, although I've only seen it once (so far). ButI know how you just love musicals!

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen Frozen either, and I'm not making a sixty mile round trip to see it either. Building a snowman is something I quit decades ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never was the snowman building type. But, much as I hate cold weather, I really loved Frozen--great movie, great music, lots of fun. Still, musical comedies aren't for everyone.

      Delete
  4. I like building snowmen so that the horses kick them to bits. I don't know why my daughter's nags do it but it always seems to amuse them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would amuse me too -- it would be like assaulting winter.

      Delete
  5. lol, loved it. I could really relate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't seen Frozen but it looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Promise not to tell: I really loved that movie.

      Delete