Well, that's just sick



            So, did ya miss me?

            No? Oh.

            I’ve been sparse online due to a double combo of sinus infection and bronchitis, which left me unwilling to do much of anything except sleep and whine – and you don’t want to hear me whine. Except maybe in my columns, where I do it for the funny. (I actually wrote this yesterday … which is good, because I feel worse today.)

            I’ll try to make up for it by posting something every day during the ten day voting period for Harlequin’s So You Think You Can Write contest, what with me being a contestant and all. Public voting starts October 2nd, and as you’ll hear me say a whole lot, my entry is here:


            But to the reader it would be boring (at least) to just hear ten days of “Vote for me, I’ve been good”, so as I embark on this marathon I’ll try to mix it up in various fun ways – ways which I will no doubt invent as soon as the antibiotics take effect and my sinus medicine starts wearing off. Until then, I’m not entirely sure whether I’m actually writing this, or just imagining it. Come to think of it, my chapter one submission might consist entirely of a Vulcan language translation of Moby Dick.

            I really should go check on that.

2 comments:

  1. You're going to be busy!

    No doubt there's already been a Vulcan translation of Moby Dick by an over eager Trekkie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no doubt. I wonder how they'd change the Klingon edition?

      Delete