illness update

My grandmother is still in the hospital with pneumonia, but she seems to be looking better and thinking better, too. They had her in isolation for awhile, for reasons I'm not entirely clear on ... which concerned those of us who cleaned her home after the ambulance took her, but apparently it was a more or less routine precaution thing.
Just to be safe we kept Emily out of the hospital yesterday, as she's on antibiotics and her immune system is a bit compromised at the moment. I just finished a round of antibiotics last week, myself.

You know, I like to think of myself as a glass half full kind of guy ... but so far this summer has really sucked. Just had to vent, there.

2 comments:

  1. At that age, everything becomes something to worry about. I hope she's getting better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's out of the hospital ... but not out of the woods. As you say, at that age ...

      Delete