Had a d'oh! moment

I'm almost always at work during down time when I check my Gmail, which is where I get notifications of comments on my blog here. I thought it was strange that there was no way to reply directly to each and every comment I got -- just the general reply button to the post, all the way at the bottom.

Then, yesterday, I checked my blog here at home ... and there were the individual reply buttons. It seems nobody who commented on my blog here saw my replies to them, unless they happened to come back and check all the replies on the post, including mine. I must have seemed like an awfully stuck-up person, never acknowledging the people who took the time to say something.  Why the reply buttons aren't showing up at work, I don't know -- the computers there can be a little touchy in what they let through.

*sigh*  Now I need to go back ....

18 comments:

  1. Funny the things we miss on all these sites. I was in a game room, waiting for it to start. Seemed like I waited forever. Then I realized I didn't hit play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, I can't even get the REPLY buttons to work so I just do it the old way. Name the peep I'm answering. ***shrug***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm ... maybe it's a blogger problem, rather than a computer problem ...

      Delete
  3. I lost my entire Google account for almost 24 hours. I reported it, and they got it back up, but I still don't know what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, here's one for you: How do I tell when someone replies to a comment I left on THEIR blog? I don't know where the notifications are... :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I don't have the answer to that one ... and I see now that the reply button is now working on the other computer, but it didn't until I replied to the other post, first. :-?

      Delete
    2. It doesn't like you.

      No really, though - I seriously have to go to everyone's blogs individually to check if they've responded? This is gonna be a long semester..

      Delete
    3. There has to be a better way ... we just don't know about it.

      Delete
  5. Honestly, I don't have the answer to that one ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark,

    It happens to us all! And technology can be so touchy, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If by touchy you mean it doesn't like humans ....

      Delete
  7. Some blogs, depending on the provider, you can subscribe to and get a notification whenever there's a new comment. One of the blogs I follow does that.

    Google's been making some changes here and there periodically as of late with blogger. I often go back a few days into a blog and and see if there are additional comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to go back as much as I can -- seems like that gets tougher all the time.

      Delete