fire history book finished; on to Storm Damage

My final polishing of "Smoky Days and Sleepless Nights: A Century or so With the Albon Fire Department" is DONE. So, it's finished, right? Nah. It still needs to be line edited by someone else -- someone who hasn't gone over the manuscript fifty times like I have -- and I still face sorting through piles of photos to find the right ones to go into it.
Still, it's a huge milestone that releases some time for me to work on other things. The "Storm Chaser" Christmas story I'm giving away at the book signings on Dec 3rd and Dec 9th still needs a little polishing, but I'm ready to start the outline for my "Storm Chaser" sequel. If all goes well, I'll start on the first draft by the beginning of next month.

6 comments:

  1. You're getting there!

    If you need help with the edits, let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate it, William. I've been going back and forth on the best way to handle edits and formatting, but at this point I'm leaning toward my fiancee doing it. Emily's not only very good at catching errors (and calling me on screw-ups), but it's possible she might be able to use it for credit in a class she's taking next semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always handy having a second set of eyes. As writers, we're too close to our work to see glitches that another person will pick up on straight off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly right -- I've learned that fact the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on getting it this far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Donna; this one's been a particularly long haul.

    ReplyDelete