Eureka and roofing fun

Felicia Day, Wil Wheaton, and the legendary Stan Lee all on one episode of Eureka? I need to go back and start watching that show from the beginning; it looks like fun.

On an unrelated note, I've got about two-thirds of the chimney taken down so far, and have broken just one tool. Yesterday was only a four Band-Aid day, although I had to double up on the ibuprofen this morning after getting a bit too enthusiastic with the sledgehammer. The problem is that I'm now below one roof level and to the next one, meaning I have to kick the search for a roofer and funding into high gear. That's part of what will be occupying my time for awhile; I'll report on the other, writing related part later.

6 comments:

  1. The joys of a do-it-yourselfer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, nobody who knows me would ever suggest I'm a do-it-yourselfer! I have a certain amount of destructive ability, but it always comes down to someone coming in to help repair my mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, once you're a rich and famous author, you have to hire someone else to do that grunt work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's certainly something to be said for finding someone who knows what they're doing! I'm not going to hire someone to mow the lawn, though; I get great story ideas during that chore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Eureka.
    I would never even attempt to get up on a roof, so you're brave in my opinion.
    We need homes without roofs, just some kind of unbreakable bubble over head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eureka's a SciFi program -- or is that SyFy, these days?

    Brave ... or foolhardy? An unbreakable bubble would certainly be helpful, but I'm afraid right now you'll only find that on SyFy!

    ReplyDelete